If you’re not a winter-person and prefer to spend the season indoors then we have just the event that will make you get outdoors…Lumina Borealis!
The outdoor show, located at Fort Henry in Kingston, ON, was created by Moment Factory and includes various exhibits each with its own unique design, theme and use of light & sound. Lumina Borealis is based on Canada’s Northern Lights, the ‘Aurora Borealis’, and makes use of imagery you would find in our country’s northern parts.
During our recent visit to Fort Henry in Kingston we recorded a video for our Let’s Discover ON YouTube Channel:
If you liked this video then remember to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to view all our videos!
If you’re looking for an experience instead of just observing, this is it. The interactive exhibits allows you to do just that. Whether its walking, singing or throwing balls against a moving target there are several ways to participate instead of just observing.
The entire experience from start to finish was planned with the visitor in mind. The course itself and the staggered number of visitors based on time of entry were all planned to ensure that visitor have a seamless experience in walking through without ever feeling crowded or rushed. The open-air fire pits, although part of exhibit itself, provided a functional purpose as well…the warmth on a cold winter’s night.
- You can drive and park for free at Fort Henry or take the Shuttle Bus from Downtown Kingston.
- Adults (13 +) – $12.00
- Youth (6-12) – $10.00
- Children (5 & Younger) – FREE
- Parking at Fort Henry & the Shuttle Bus are also FREE
Important things to keep in mind
- Tickets can be purchased online or in person at Fort Henry.
- The Event is completely outdoors so bundle up. Its estimated that a walk through Lumina Borealis lasts between 45-60 minutes.
- There are specific entry times so plan your visit in advance and select the appropriate times when buying your tickets.
- The Hours of Operation vary between the week and weekend.
What you need to try
- The various interactive art exhibits.
- Treat yourself to a warm pretzel, hot chocolate or hot apple cider before our after your visit.
Have any photos or videos of your visit that you would like to share with us? Send them over to @LetsDiscoverON.