There are several very popular beach towns along Lake Huron but the most popular one in Sarnia-Lambton is Grand Bend. Ask anyone who has been and they’ll tell you that it’s got tonnes of fun, excitement & Floridian vibe to it with all the charm & hospitality of a small town. The pictures of golden sand and turquoise waters will leave you in disbelief that you are still in Ontario, on the shores of Lake Huron, and not in the Caribbean.
During our visit to Grand Bend we recorded a video for our Let’s Discover ON YouTube Channel.
If you enjoyed the video then click the “Subscribe” button to show us some love!
- It’s a 2.5 hour drive from Toronto; 1 Hour from London & 45 minutes from Sarnia.
Our Photo Collage:
- During our visit we stayed at the lovely, family-owned Pine Dale Motor Inn. There are several other hotels, motels and B&Bs to choose from.
- Camp Sites are also available in Pinery Provincial Park.
- Private Cottage Rentals.
Your To Do List:
- Jetski & Speedboat rentals are available from Xtreme Watersports
- Parasailing with Grand Bend Parasail for a birds-eye view of the Lake Huron shoreline
- Drinks on the patio at The Growling Gator or Smackwater Jacks – Both places offer great food, drinks and a fantastic waterfront dining experience on the patio.
- Rounds of mini-golf or swings at the batting cages on Main St are a great place to visit in the evenings.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with saltwater taffy, fudge or ice cream from The Sweet Shoppe. We highly recommend the salted caramel. You’ll love it SO much that you won’t want to share!
Keep in Mind:
- Grand Bend beach is Blue Flag certified which means the water quality is constantly monitored and tested for public safety (One of 26 in Canada).
- The beach also features an observation deck, lifeguards, a concession stand, change rooms and an onsite splash pad and playground for the kids.
- If a crowded beach isn’t for you then Pinery Provincial Park or Ipperwash Beach are also very close. The Park also offer some great hiking trails, bike trails along with canoes and kayaks for rent.
- The beach & parking lots at both Grand Bend beach & Pinery Provincial Park fill up quick so get there early to avoid disappointment.
- There is also limited parking along Main St.
Plan your first or next visit to Grand Bend beach and you’ll soon earn the title as a Grand-Bender!
Remember to subscribe to our blog for new posts!
Have any photos or videos you want to share? Send them over to @LetsDiscoverON.