If you have an adventurous spirit and a serious case of wanderlust then the Outdoor Adventure Show is just the place for you. It’s a fantastic opportunity for travelers, both domestic and international, and camping enthusiasts & daytrippers to get info about new & exciting destinations and travel operators.
This show is absolutely huge! It takes over most of the International Centre. We have attended consistently over the past 3 years and learn something new and meet new people every year. It was also great reunion with Camper Christina, The Travelling Chicken, Ottawa Valley Tourist Association & Ontario Parks. We also met some new people from Hastings County, Northeastern Ontario & Kawartha Lakes. It was also great to finally put a face to names (special shout-out to Amanda in Grey County Tourism.
As Travel Bloggers with a very specific niche, Ontario, the Outdoor Adventure Show has a massive portion of the show floor dedicated to opportunities within this province. Various DMO’s, (Destination Marketing Organizations) and other similar operators have booths to inform and entice visitors to their locations.
It’s also a great way for us to meet fellow travel enthusiasts. Check out this picture with our contest winner Mike from Wallaceburg, ON, who drove more than 2 hours to attend the show.
We also love the fact that the show is close to home. The funny thing is that we thought what would be a half-day visit turned into a all-day affair. We could have even spent a second day as well because there is so much to take in.
Our friend, Camper Christina was invited to speak at the ‘Adventures in Paddling’ stage. In a brief 2 years, Christina has created a name for herself in the area of solo camping, winter camping and solo paddling trips. She spoke to a packed crowd (see pics above) about the challenges & fears of these activities and some tips for overcoming these challenges – just like she did.
We also got a chance to meet up with Lenka, the operator behind the Travelling Chicken Tours company. She take small groups on all sorts of different adventures all around Ontario and surrounding area. Lenka goes to the same type of events/locations that we show on our YouTube channel. The only difference is: we’ll show it to you – Lenka will take you there.
Here’s a video where we joined the Travelling Chicken for a day of Dog-Sledding north of Toronto:
The International Centre in Mississauga, ON is where its at and the best part is that the parking is FREE!
- Pre-Purchased Tickets – Save yourself time at the box office by buying your tickets online. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for a unique discount code to save a few bucks.
- Comfy Shoes – You may have a long walk from your car to the front doors and you’ll also be on your feet for most of the time so listen up ladies….leave the heels at home.
- Small Backpack – As you stop to chat and check out the booths you’ll collect lots of info & swag so give your arms and hands a rest buy going hands-free with a backpack.
- Review the Presentation Schedule in advance so you don’t miss out. Once you’re at the Show pay attention to the announcements and get to stage area quickly to grab a seat.
- Snacks & Water – It’s amazing how quickly time flies once you start walking around and talking to vendors. You’ll quickly work up an appetite and thirst. Don’t forget to try the various samples. We especially enjoyed the samples of lentil soup from Soup Girl and protein balls from Bounce.
You can’t attend the Outdoor Adventure Show, learn about all the amazing adventures both local and overseas and not follow through on at least one adventure. As for us we’re planning a whitewater rafting trip in the Ottawa Valley this summer as well as a visit to the new Aqua Park at Rail Yard Wake Park. Comment below to tell us when and where your next adventure is.
For more info about the Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show and to find out dates in your city check out www.outdooradventureshow.ca.
Our tickets were sponsored by the Outdoor Adventure Show however all opinions, recommendations and opinions are our own.
Have any photos or videos of your visit that you would like to share with us? Send them over to @LetsDiscoverON.